A Web Hosting Service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows you to make your website accessible via the World Wide Web. In short, It connects your website to the internet and make it live and accessible to the world..
WHAT IS A WEBHOST?:
A Web host is where your website “lives”. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for other servers located in their data center, called colocation. Wikipedia. A Web Host, like GreenGeeks, is basically a company that has many computers connected to the Internet. When you place your web pages on their computers, everyone in the world will be able to connect to it and view them. In real estate terms, a hosting provider is the land where your house resides. Like a domain, it is a necessity. It is the remote location where your website will be held and made available to visitors. A host is just a computer that holds your ﬁles so that people on the internet can access your content or can view your website. Your webhost displays your pages on the web.
Any address (your DOMAIN) needs a home attached to it, this would be your HOSTING account – the place your site lives. It stores the web site you create on their servers and transmits it to the internet so that when someone types in your domain name, your web site appears. A server is just a fancy computer that “serves up” your web site to the internet. When purchasing hosting, you are renting space on a server for your website files to reside. You are also buying security, speed, reliability, management and more.
Webshosting is server where all your website files are stored. Text, images and every single file that makes up your website.
CHOOSING A HOSTING PACKAGE:
Hosting features vary as much as the prices. At the end of the day, you want to find a host that caters to your needs. Choosing the right host and package is extremely important. Get it wrong and your website will suffer. A host should empower you, never limit you. For example, some hosting packages allow only a single domain, so if you plan on having multiple websites (which many people do), these wouldn’t work.
When Choosing a Webhost, look for Three (3) Key Elements:
- Does the host support WordPress?
- How many domains can you host?
- How much bandwidth and storage are you allocated?
- What up-time percentage are you guaranteed?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Does it have positive reviews by users?
- What kind of support does it offer?
- How much is the package you need?
- Are upgrades available if required?
- Are there any additional costs (IP addresses, software, etc.)?
- Is there a trial period?
COST FOR WEBHOSTING:
The hosting service will costs you approximately $10 per month.
The important consideration, particularly if you are setting up your website yourself, is whether your host provides for automatic installation of your chosen content management software. Most of the popular hosting services will enable you to do this with the click of a button. And in most cases you can use the same host from more than one website. When choosing a hosting account there are lots of choices, some of the popular webhost providers include GreenGeeks, Hostgator, Blue Host, Godaddy, HostUpon and Siteground amongst others.
- Greengeeks Hosting is definitely Our NUMBER 1 Choice!
- It is 100% Eco-Friendly Hosting. The cleanest hosting on the market.
- An industry-leading Green Hosting Provider.
- It offers a uniquely scalable hosting, accessible beginner Hosting Packages, and solid WordPress hosting.
- Offers for as low as $3.95/Month (for the Shared Hosting)
Greengeeks is more than just Green. With the basic Shared Hosting Plan you get all the things you’ve come to expect from a host:
- Unlimited Server Resources
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- MySQL Database Creation
- Unlimited Business Email Accounts
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Unlimited Domains one 1 Account
- Free Marketing and SEO Tools.
- Is also one of the most popular and trusted webhost provider worldwide.
- With Hostgator you can install WordPress in 3 minutes (even less) or just a few clicks, using “QUICK INSTALL” with easy-to-follow on-screen instructions.
- Prices are cheap, too, and the support is among the web’s best
- You can find an affordable plan for under $10 per month to get you started, this will allow you to run one website. Again a great way to get you up and running.